Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stop - Pumpkin time!


It's probably my favourite beer time of year - yes, Pumpkin Ale time. Right now as I type this I'm having a Wolavers Will Stevens Pumpkin Ale.

It's certainly not my favourite pumpkin ale but it really is a delicious example of what a pumpkin ale can be.

My rating is as follows:

Appearance: Golden Orange, no visible carbonation, small off white spiderweb head. Aroma: Pumpkin spice, cinnamon, malt, yeast, orange peel and bread. Aroma: Bitter orange peel, malt, spice, cinnamon, it’s a strange balance between orange peel and malt. It works, but just barely.

Aroma: 6
Appearance: 3
Flavour: 6
Palate: 3
Overall: 14

Score out of 5 is 3.2

No comments:

Himself

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Beer lover, Loving Husband and Dad :-) - oh and I'm an expert recruiter